It's been a long time coming but we're re-introducing more of our services to start to get us back to business as usual.
We’re reopening, and we’re so excited! But first thing’s first… it’s going to look a little different than you’re used to.
We’ve continued our services digitally during lockdown, whilst still offering the same level of support, and whilst we’ll continue to do this, we know that sometimes you just need a face to face chat to get things back on track. And that’s why we’re reopening, to help even more of you.
Here’s how things will be different:
- The Hub in Nottingham and our Mansfield Centre will be open to the public through appointment only. Appointments can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0800 917 9419.
- Both centres will be open 10am-3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If you arrive before your pre-booked allotted time, you’ll be asked to wait outside.
- In our Mansfield Centre we have 3 staff on hand to help those 18+ with CVs, interview techniques and general support to get into work.
- At The Hub in Nottingham we have 2 staff to support adults getting back into work (think, CVs, interview advice and training opportunities!) and 1 member of staff to help young people who have recently left school and need help with what to do, and where to go next.
As you may know, there was a recent spike in infections in Leicester, so we’ll be reviewing the situation fortnightly and in line with updates and advice from public health authorities before we make the decision to open our Leicester Centre. Our Nottingham Maid Marion Way centre also remains closed.
What are we doing to ensure yours, and our people’s safety?
- All our centres are being deep cleaned every evening by a professional cleaning company.We’ll also be sanitising things like desks and keyboards throughout the day.
- There’ll be a maximum of 3 customers in our Mansfield Centre at any time, and a maximum of 5 customers at The Hub in Nottingham. You must also have an appointment to be allowed into any of our buildings.
- All staff at The Hub and our Mansfield Centre have been equipped with a re-usable face visor, a number of face masks, and a supply of hand sanitiser and Anti-bacterial Wipes.
- Plastic screens have been installed at reception desks to give an extra layer of protection.
- You’ll find hand sanitiser stations when you arrive and you’ll be asked to use it when entering the building.
- You’ll see a range of signs reminding you to sanitise before seeing the adviser, maintain social distance, and not entering if they have any symptom of the virus.
We’re taking Covid-19 seriously, which is why we’ll continue to be flexible. We want this to work for everyone. If you live too far from our centre and don’t want to use public transport, we can be flexible and meet outdoors, somewhere closer to you. And we’ll continue our digital support.
We’re making sure we’re accessible to anyone who needs help getting back into work.
Reopening is going to be the first step in a journey of wider transformation.
“The safety of our customers and our people is the most important factor in our decision to reopen. We’ve carefully considered the measures we need in place to mitigate risks, by providing appropriate personal protective equipment, cleaning regimes and new measures in the delivery of our support. I’m immensely proud of how quickly we were able to pivot from a face to face service to that of a digital one, but now is the time to gently reintroduce face to face support. For many a digital service isn’t accessible, so we’re doing everything we can to keep all those involved safe and deliver the support people so greatly need."
Paul Price-Hazlehurst, Director of Programmes
Mental Health Awareness Week with Insight Healthcare
Futures has been working with Insight Healthcare in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire since January 2018 to provide an additional helping hand to those people referred by the NHS for support with their mental health.Read More