Phasing in More of Our Services
It’s a little over two weeks since we first started to open up our centres. Safely and surely, we’ve been welcoming you back into Mansfield and The Hub in Nottingham.
Recently too we’ve seen the Government begin to relax some of the rules we’ve all been so carefully following alongside the announcement of the ‘A Plan for Jobs’ recovery package. This includes:
- Extra funding for the National Careers Service.
- Incentives for Employers to recruit apprentices.
- Additional investment to provide 30,000 new traineeships.
- New £2bn Kickstart Scheme, led by DWP, to create hundreds of thousands of new, fully subsidised jobs for young people aged 16 to 24 claiming Universal Credit.
- A focus to increase the volume of sector-based work academies
To support the above initiatives we’re going to start the following work from the 27th July:
- Meeting with businesses and employers face-to-face
- Skills coaches will deliver apprenticeship training on a one-to-one basis at either our premises or employer premises
- Widening of Careers/Employment sessions with customers on a one-to-one basis in an outdoor space or within partner premises, like job centres
- Adult course and apprenticeship related Exams related to Adult Education courses and apprenticeships will happen on employer premises on a one-to-one basis
Paul Price-Hazelhurst, Director of Programmes says “We welcomed the Government announcement and have been working hard behind the scenes to work out how best to do our bit in supporting businesses and people make the best use of all the support that’s emerging, whilst making sure it’s done safely I’m pleased we’re now in a position to start opening up our services more widely to benefit the people we serve.”
All safety precautions taken when we first opened a number of our centres will be applied in these circumstances with additional risk assessments being undertaken where we’re entering other environments. Digital delivery of our services will still continue where it’s needed but we’re looking forward to seeing more of you in person.
Futures for You Wins New Contract Providing Support to Children, Young People and Families
Today, Futures for You, part of The Futures Group, launches a new service bringing together the services of AskUs, Iris and SEND engagement to create a new Information, Advice and Support Service across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, known as an IASS.Read More