Conference and Events Supervisor
Come and work in a beautiful hotel and spa in the heart of Newmarket!
|Employer||Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa|
|Vacancy type||Job: Part-Time|
|Weekly working hours||To be discussed with the applicant|
|Salary||£11.91 per hour|
Bury Road Newmarket Suffolk
|Closing Date||6 February, 2022 at 17:00|
About the employer
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa was originally a Georgian hunting lodge built for the Sixth Duke of Bedford in the 18th century and was converted into a hotel in the 1940s.
Today, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa provides the perfect blend between old and new; retaining the charm and character of a country house but with the modern luxury and comfort of an exquisite, boutique hotel.
Nestled in three acres of secluded rose gardens and adjacent to some of the most famous paddocks and training stables in the world, Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is situated in the famous town of Newmarket; the historic home of British Horse racing dating back to 1174.
Our pride for Newmarket’s rich racing heritage is evident throughout the hotel from the variety of locally-inspired artwork to our colourful collection of racing silks.
As a privately owned hotel, we pride ourselves on offering a unique and personal experience for all our guests. Our highly-skilled team of 130 employees are dedicated to providing the highest standards of excellence in customer care and truly mean it when we say that nothing is too much trouble.
This vacancy is open to applicants who are aged 50+ and actively seeking work in Norfolk or Suffolk. Pathways 50+ is an ESF-funded project delivered by Futures for Business in Partnership with Suffolk County Council to support people into sustainable employment. Futures for Business is advertising on behalf of the employer.
Primary Objective of Position - Summary
To offer polite and professional customer service with a smile, serving food and drink and anticipating the customer needs. To assist the Conference and Events Operations Manager with the development and growth of other team members and the business. To contribute towards an organised operation while working as part of a team.
- To support the Manager and be responsible for given duties in their absence.
- Assist with the management of front of house staff to ensure impeccable service is delivered consistently.
- To deal with any guest queries or complaints in the correct manner.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress in appropriate uniform and be of impeccable appearance at all times.
- To promote a helpful image to clients and give full cooperation to any customer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude, also to anticipate customer’s needs whenever possible, and enhance quality service and in turn increase client satisfaction.
- To give full co-operation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Understand the aims of the hotel and your department.
- Preparation and setting of tables and meeting rooms for events/lunches/dinner.
- Offering a professional table service for food a drinks in a banquet setting.
- Wine service and pouring.
- Serving behind the bar and learning the till system (over 18’s)
- To maintain effective communication within the team and to attend hotel meetings and training sessions when required.
- Always follows the proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices set by the Head Chef and Head Steward.
- Attend meetings and training required by the Conference & Events Manager.
- Work in a safe manner that does not endanger or injure themselves or others.
- Maintain own working area and materials, and ensure company property is clean, tidy, fir for purpose and in good working order.
- Continuously seek to increase the knowledge of own job function.
- To carry out any duty reasonably requested by the management and to be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business needs.
Health and Safety
- To have full knowledge of your departmental disaster plan
- To have full knowledge of the hotel’s terrorist alert procedure
- To have a full knowledge of and be able to act upon the fire procedures as laid down in the hotel fire plan in accordance with the Fire Precautions Act (1971)
- To develop full knowledge of the hotel’s and company security procedures