Butcher/Butchery Counter Assistant
Passionate about fresh, local produce? Come and work with us!
|Employer||Goodies Farm Shop and Food Hall|
|Vacancy type||Job: Part-Time|
|Weekly working hours||25 hours per week, any permutation as required to cover store opening hours: Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm Saturday 8 am - 5 pm Sunday 9 am - 4 pm|
Frenchs Farm Wood Lane, Diss IP21 4XU
|Closing Date||10 January, 2022 at 17:00|
|Other details||This is initially a 13 week paid work placement.|
About the employer
Goodies Farm Shop and Food Hall
At Goodies we pride ourselves on offering the freshest, select and local produce with an emphasis on quality and value for money.
**This vacancy is open to applicants who are aged 50+ and actively seeking work in Norfolk or Suffolk. Pathways 50+ is a European Social Fund project helping to provide people and employers with skills for sustainable employment. It is delivered by Futures for Business in Partnership with Suffolk and Norfolk County Councils.**
** Futures for Business are recruiting on behalf of the employer **
Opportunity to join Goodies’ butchery and counter staff team. Applications invited from either experienced butchers or candidates with a background in food and meat preparation, or appropriate transferable skills gained in the hospitality sector. Job role will include identifying and preparing cuts of meat according to the customer’s requirements and for counter display, butchering and jointing larger cuts of meat, serving counter customers, advising customers on cooking and preparation of meat products, offering advice and guidance to customer in response to customer queries, and other tasks as required by the line manager.
- Must have excellent customer service skills as both roles will include working with the public
- All candidates must be able to identify different types of meat and meat cuts (sirloin, topside, ribeye etc)
- Must have an awareness and working knowledge of health and safety and food hygiene policies and procedures
- Knife skills essential
- Must have reliable transport as location not accessible via public transport
- All PPE (personal protective equipment) to be provided
- Knives and butchery tools to be provided
- Hourly rate of pay may be negotiable according to individual experience and/or qualifications
Minimum working hours per week may increase according to experience and progression/performance within job role
You might also be interested in...
Looking for part time flexible work by the sea front? We have a job for you!
EMPLOYER: Crab Pot Cafe
SALARY: £9.50 to £9.75 per hour