Free Online CV Workshop
Build an eye-catching CV in just 90 minutes with the support of our qualified advisers.
When it comes to finding a job, your CV is one of the most important tools you have. A good CV will show potential employers what a great fit you are for the role they have available.
There are loads of reasons your CV might not be quite up to scratch:
- You're looking for your first job and don't have any work experience to talk about
- You've had lots of short-term jobs and you're not sure what to include
- You've been out of work, maybe due to illness or caring for family, and there's a gap on your CV
- You want to start a new career and worry all of your previous experience isn't relevant
- You've applied for plenty of jobs but you're not reaching the interview stage
If any of these sound familiar, we can help.
You might have been asking friends and family to help you out but it's time to ask the experts.
Ready for a sneak preview of the workshop?
Learn about the key components of a good CV from our careers adviser Jason.
What does the session cover?
Our workshop is designed to give you an overview of everything you need to know, whether you have a CV that needs updating or you're starting from scratch. Some of the topics covered will include:
- What information to include on your CV
- How to tailor your CV to different jobs
- Feedback frrom employers of what they look for
- The important of including an engaging cover letter
- What happens to your CV once you've clicked 'submit' on a job site
- Understanding your transferable skills and how to showcase them effectively
- An introduction to the tools and resources available to you to support you in CV writing and career planning
- How the National Careers Service can continue to support you on your journey
Take your first step toward a new CV today!
What happens next?
Creating a great CV is only the first step of your journey, and we're here to support you through every step of the way.
After the workshop, you'll have the opportunity to book onto a follow-up 121 session with an adviser.
These sessions can be tailored to your needs, so whether you'd like to gain some new skills with our free courses, find part-time work that's flexible around your family, or get a bit of expert advice before going for a promotion, we can help.