Future Impact (Life Chances Fund)
Providing person-centred support to 16-24 year olds with special educational and complex needs.
We offer bespoke services through our professional Coaches. This approach enables us to support people to:
- overcome barriers to learning and achievement
- achieve at school or college
- move from education/training into employment
- secure sustained employment
What the Future Impact Programme Offers
To begin with, the young person will meet with their Future Impact coach who will spend time getting to know them and carrying out an initial assessment, which illustrates the young person’s current situation. This covers:
• Life and independence skills
• Appropriate behaviour
• Time keeping
• Interview and application readiness
• Experience of work
• Home life and relationships
• Physical and mental wellbeing
Once the coach has established what skills and abilities the young person needs to develop, they will work with them to design a bespoke support package which can include individual coaching, group work, partnership working, peer support and personal budget management.
Who can be referred to Future Impact?
To be eligible for Future Impact support, a young person must be:
• Aged 16 to 24 and not in employment, education or training
Or• Aged 15, in their final term of year 11, and at risk of not going onto employment, education or training in September.
They must also
• Live in Nottingham City or Nottinghamshire County
• Have a disability, educational, behavioural or emotional need and received support when you were at school. To be eligible for Future Impact you must have had SEND support at school, such as Teaching Assistant support, working with the Behaviour Support Team or extra time to complete exams.
However, we cannot accept young people who have had an EHC plan/ who have been registered as Educated at Home or are in care from a Local Authority that is not Nottingham or Nottinghamshire.
To find out more about the Future Impact Programme or to make a referral, please email the team on IntensiveSupport.Referrals@futuresforyou.com
If you would like to learn more about the support available to young adults with additional needs, please get in touch.